Welcome to Cove Limited (Cove).
- Visiting us online at www.coveinsurance.co.nz; or
- Calling us on 0800 COVEHQ.
Our Online Services are managed by Cove. They have been developed to provide you with useful information to help you with your insurance queries or concerns. We have taken all reasonable care to ensure the information provided on our Online Services is accurate and relevant, providing a general summary of the topics covered.
The content of our Online Services is for your information only and should not be construed as financial advice. The posting of policy information is not a recommendation or opinion for you to buy or sell any insurance product. You should consider the appropriateness of any insurance policy with regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs. You need to decide if the limits, type and level of cover are appropriate for you and will cover any potential losses.
We encourage you to seek advice before acting on any information contained in the Online Services or purchasing an insurance policy through us.
While Cove will take reasonable care to ensure the Online Services are up to date and free from error, we do not give any guarantee as to the accuracy, adequacy, suitability, completeness or security of any information. Cove will correct any error or inaccurate information brought to its attention within a reasonable timeframe.
By using our Online Services, you agree to the following:
- Access any part of our Online Services
- Copy any or all of the pages for your own personal and non-commercial use
- Utilise the links to other online services
- Not to use, copy, modify, distribute, broadcast, mirror or frame, use any automated process to sort, perform, publish, sell or licence any of the material in the Online Services for any purpose other than your own personal and non-commercial use or to use the Online Services for any purpose which brings, or could bring, Cove’s reputation into disrepute
- Not to use or attempt to use any material in the Online Services to create any website or publication
- Not to breach any law, disrupt access to, interrupt or impair the functionality of the Cove website, the material available on the website or any software or hardware, including any action that may result in the introduction of any viruses, malware or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful
- If you choose to use the Cove Online Services you may not:
- Display, upload or promote obscene, indecent or sexually explicit activities or content
- Promote abusive, threatening, hateful, harmful, harassing, libellous or violent behaviour
- promote any form of discrimination
- promote illegal activities or violate any applicable law
- violate the intellectual property rights of third parties.
- In using the Cove Online Services you are responsible for the security of any personal information shared
- Not to obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access to the Cove website, any part of it or any private or customer area
- To notify us immediately if there is an error in relation to any insurance policy purchased through us
Although all reasonable care has been taken to prevent the introduction of viruses and other destructive materials to the Online Services, Cove does not guarantee that the Online Services are free from such destructive features. Cove is not responsible or liable in relation to any harm attributable to such destructive features. If you access and rely on any materials available through the Online Services, you do so at your own risk.
Cove does not guarantee the ongoing availability of the Online Services. Access to the Online Services and information saved may be restricted, delayed, interrupted or unavailable from time to time. This may include, at certain times, the availability of interactive quotes, the ability to review your policy information or lodge a claim, which are reliant on the availability of third party services and the overall performance of the world wide web. Cove is not responsible or liable in relation to any loss suffered in these circumstances.
All information provided through and on the Online Services is the property of Cove and we hold copyright on this information. The information may not be copied or reused without our prior written consent. In no circumstances should the Cove brand or logo be used without the written consent of Cove.
Cove also owns all proprietary and intellectual property rights to all material on and forming part of the Online Services.
Policy terms and conditions
Any insurance coverage descriptions provided through the Online Services are general descriptions of available coverage only. To obtain coverage you must submit an application to us. All insurance applications are subject to underwriting approval.
Links to websites operated by third parties are included in our Online Services for your convenience, these may not have any connection with Cove. The operation and content of these websites is determined by the organisation which controls the website and this will be governed by separate terms and conditions. Inclusion of such third-party website links should not be taken to imply endorsement of any site by Cove. Cove accepts no responsibility or liability for the contents of any third-party website.
3rd Party Services
In providing an insurance quote, Cove may access a third party data service to help facilitate the quotation and purchase process. Cove makes no representation or warranty as to the quality of any of those services or their suitability to your circumstances. It is your responsibility to validate any data that is populated on your behalf.
Where applicable, the Online Services use Auto Information Ltd (Red Book) data for vehicle values. Red Book has prepared this data and valuations from information gathered from a variety of sources. You acknowledge that whilst all care is taken in producing the data and valuations, Red Book cannot guarantee or make any representations regarding the use of, or reliance, on it. Red Book is not responsible for all the information provided via the Online Services and you should not rely on the data or valuations without making your own independent assessment of the vehicle and other sources of information. Neither Cove nor Red Book are liable for any loss or damages (other than in respect of any liability which may not lawfully be excluded) relating to your use of, or reliance on, this valuation and data.
Governing law and enforceability
The Online Services are intended for use by people resident in New Zealand only. Cove is not responsible for the use of the Online Services by any other person.
You may only become a policyholder if you are resident in New Zealand and are at least 18 years old.
Neither Cove nor its directors, employees, agents, independent contractors or any other person accepts any liability or responsibility for any loss (including indirect or consequential loss), damage, cost or expense that may result from any error, omission or misrepresentation in respect of the Online Services or, reliance on such information provided through these services or from any use of or access to the Online Services or any other cause or event beyond our control.
The protection of your privacy is important to us, and we are committed to acting in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
Cove collects personal information from you when you sign up to or use our Online Services. We hold and use your personal information for insurance-related and marketing purposes.
We collect personal information so that we can:
- Identify you;
- Assess any application for insurance cover, including terms on which cover may be offered;
- Set up and manage your policies;
- Administer and resolve claims you make on your behalf;
- Better understand your needs to improve our own products and services to meet those needs; and
- Provide you with information about your policy, Cove promotional offers, and the products and services that we offer
Information you have provided us in relation to your insurance may be disclosed to other parties with an interest in your insurance (including the underwriter and any external dispute resolution scheme).
Your personal information will be shared with third parties for the following marketing purposes.
- Facebook Custom Audiences: Your personal information will be encrypted, and uploaded securely to Facebook, for the purpose of creating Facebook Custom Audiences. Note: Facebook Custom Audiences are commonly used to enable targeting of consumers on Facebook properties.
- Google Customer Match: Your personal information will also be encrypted and uploaded directly to Google for the purposes of targeting customers via Google properties (including Youtube & Gmail).
- ActiveCampaign: Your personal details (name, email address) will be shared with ActiveCampaign for the purposes of email marketing,
While Cove will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, if you elect to use the Cove Online Services you are deemed to have considered and accepted the possible privacy risk associated with the transfer of information by this service. Cove cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose using the Cove Online Services.
- Visiting us online at www.coveinsurance.co.nz; or
- Calling us on 0800 COVE HQ.
Whose products do we offer?
This insurance is issued by Cove Limited in accordance with the authorisation granted to it by the underwriter, Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Company Limited.
These terms were Last Updated on 27/03/2023